Mr. and Mrs. Mason talent show this week

Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior Mary Catherine Donovan being crowned as Ms. Mason in 2016. The Mr. and Mrs. Mason Competition is an event where the students of George Mason take the stage to show their talents (Photo by Andrea Dilao).

Mr. and Mrs. Mason, the annual Mason talent show, is happening this week. Several contestants are all competing for the two final spots, a boy and girl who will serve as king and queen of Falls Church’s annual Memorial Day Parade.

Junior Fernanda Molina, who covered the 2017 show for the Lasso, said the event doesn’t disappoint.

“When you go in, it’s exciting to see your friends act on stage and to see what they come up with because they will usually keep it a secret,” she said.

Students are nominated anonymously by two or more teachers to qualify for this. Students will be interviewed and then perform in a talent show for a panel of student and teacher judges. The judges will then narrow it down to one male candidate and one female candidate.

“I am very excited, but I really have no idea what to expect from this experience,” said Katherine Litton, 2019 freshman participant.

The candidates for Mr. and Mrs. Mason 2019 are freshmen Sam Mostow and Katherine Litton, sophomore Jack Lindly, and juniors, Erik Donnelly and Ciara Curtin. Senior girls include Rebecca Hagigh, Sigrid Edson, Evelyn Duross, and Meggie Ferguson. The senior boys are Miles Jackson, Nicholas Wells, Miles Lankford, and Lorien Hinsz.

The Mr. and Mrs. Mason talent show will be held at 6 p.m. on, Friday, March 8 in the auditorium. Tickets cost $5 and all proceeds from this event will go to the Jeffrey Bandy Memorial Music Program.