Mustang Mixes: Mr. Healey

Back to Article
Back to Article

Mustang Mixes: Mr. Healey

Have you ever wondered what your teachers listen to? If Mrs. Hawkesworth rocks out to hip-hop on the way to work? Or if, beneath that unsuspecting aura, Dr. Mecca jams out to reggae? In this new feature, “Mustang Mixes,” we’ll bring you a bit closer to your teachers through their choice in music. This week: math teacher and Dean of Students Erik Healey.

Eric Clinton

“Cat’s in the Cradle” by Harry Chapin: “Harry Chapin is one of my father’s favorite artists and growing up I heard his music all the time. Every time I hear this song it reminds me of him, except in a much more positive way then the song implies. It’s also a good reminder to not let the relationships in your life pass you by”.

Falling Slowly” by Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova: “This song reminds me of an incredibly special someone in my life. Need I say more?”

“Two Step” by Dave Matthews Band: This song has one of the greatest lines in any song, and one I try and live by… “Celebrate we will, ‘cause life is short but sweet for certain”.

“Renegade” by Styx: “This song just puts me in a good mood. Just wait for the drop – if you’re not bobbing your head to the music, then you just don’t get it”.

“Satellite” by Rise Against: Great message throughout this entire song. Get’s me pumped up!